It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to filter by resolutionDate in RTC plan view

Joe Gariano (8813137) | asked Aug 20 '14, 3:09 p.m.
I'm using RTC 4.0.2.  I have an RTC plan with a particular view that I've created.  I'm using the web client exclusively to access that view.  I'd like to use a filter on that view to exclude any work items that have been resolved more than a month ago.  I know how to do a "filter by" "expression" "resolutionDate:", but I don't know how to specify "more than a month ago" after the "resolutionDate:"

Ideally, I could say "more than a month ago" an leave just leave the view like that.  If that's not possible, I could hard code a date and say "anything before such-and-such date" and just update the view periodically to change the date.  But I don't even know how to do that.

Note that I understand that I can exclude resolved items easily.  But that means that nothing that has been resolved shows up, whereas I want the things that have been closed in the last month to show up, and to exclude anything older than that.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe Gariano

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Aug 21 '14, 6:59 a.m.
edited Aug 21 '14, 7:00 a.m.
Exclude Expression "resolutionDate : < today-30"
Joe Gariano selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Joe Gariano commented Aug 21 '14, 10:19 a.m.

That is not working for me; it doesn't filter out anything.  Are you able to get it to work?  If, what version of RTC are you using?  And are you doing that from the web client interface?

Thanks,
Joe

Donald Nong commented Aug 21 '14, 9:46 p.m.

Yes it's the web UI. I can't remember whether it's 4.0.6 or 5.0. After adding the attribute name, there is a hint telling you what expression can be appended to the attribute. I don't have 4.0.2 handy but 4.0.1 does not work either. So you might need to move up to a new version to get it working.

Joe Gariano commented Aug 22 '14, 10:45 a.m.

Thanks.  We'll be moving to 5.0 later this year, so I'll wait for that.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.