It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Replace keyword's steps not possible anymore?

Thomas Dietl (111) | asked Aug 17 '14, 1:16 p.m.
Hi,

I just wanted to replace the steps of a keyword by "normal" steps. I don't find this option anymore?!

Where can I find it, now we are working with RQM 4.0.6.

Thanks in advance

Comments
Donald Nong commented Aug 17 '14, 10:48 p.m.

Not exactly sure what "steps" means in your post, but the normal place the modify the keywords is Manage Project Properties > Artifact categories > Keyword Categories.

2 answers

permanent link
Thomas Dietl (111) | answered Aug 18 '14, 2:11 a.m.
Hi Donald,

sorry, didn't work to attach a screenshot...

I'm talking about the testscript and the use of the keywords. It was possible to replace the keyword steps with "normal" steps, so that these steps were not affected anymore by changes of the keyword.

For example: You use a keyword in 10 Testscript, in one of these testscripts the keyword should not be changed. There was the possibility to "Replace the keyword's steps". Then the link to this one script was cancelled and the changes of the keyword affects only 9 testscripts.

Where can I find this option now?

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13344) | answered Sep 23 '14, 9:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thomas, the option "Remove with Keyword's steps" is removed in RQM to prevent creation of keyword nesting on testscript steps.

This workitem if the script ... we don't show the 'replace step..' check box tracks this change.

Best Regards, Sunil

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.