It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can Team Concert Build pre-compile JSPs?

mark byrd (14712330) | asked Aug 11 '14, 2:53 p.m.

I'm using Team Concert Build to generate an EAR from source in a stream. The build definition is invoking an Ant script which does the java compile, builds the WAR, and builds the EAR with no trouble.  The script is also running, without trouble, a java program that goes against the Jazz repository using the RTC plain Java API. 

I would like to add pre-compile of the JSPs to that Ant script. Is there another way other than what I've tried (below), or is there some trick to getting compile error messages in the log?

I've tried the following. I know the JSPs compile is running, because I get .class files in the compileToDir.  I know there are compile errors, because I put errors in the code, and I get  "Java Result: 1".   I cannot seem to get the compile error messages in the log.

Ant script

<taskdef name="wsjspc" classname="com.ibm.websphere.ant.tasks.JspC" />

<target name="jspc" description="JSP pre-compile">
 <delete dir="${compile.to.dir}" />
 <wsjspc wasHome="${was.root}"
        earPath="${ear.path}"
        keepgenerated="true"
        keepGeneratedclassfiles="true"
        compileToWebInf="false"
        compileToDir="${compile.to.dir}"
        additionalClasspath="..."
        jspCompileClasspath="..."
        classpath="..."
        verbose="true"
 />
</target>

Log ...

jspc:
   [delete] Deleting directory /opt/IBM/TeamConcertBuild/WES-Playpen-Sbox-build-dev/wesbuildtools/dist/wes/jspc
   [wsJspC] !SESSION 2014-08-11 10:02:22.210 -----------------------------------------------
   [wsJspC] eclipse.buildId=M20060921-0945
   [wsJspC] java.fullversion=JRE 1.6.0 IBM J9 2.4 Linux s390x-64 jvmxz6460sr9-20110712_86803 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)
   [wsJspC] J9VM - 20110712_086803
   [wsJspC] JIT  - r9_20101028_17488ifx17
   [wsJspC] GC   - 20101027_AA
   [wsJspC] BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=s390x, WS=motif, NL=en_US
   [wsJspC] Framework arguments:  -application com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.WSLauncher
   [wsJspC] Command-line arguments:  -application com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.WSLauncher

[wsJspC] !ENTRY org.eclipse.update.configurator 2014-08-11 10:02:26.079
   [wsJspC] !MESSAGE Cannot backup current configuration
   [wsJspC] Java Result: 1

Accepted answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.5k480103) | answered Aug 11 '14, 4:01 p.m.
Hi Mark,
RTC build just runs ant script. You should rather contact wsjspc for further help.
I do not think that this is RTC related question. Anyway leaving this question as someone else has the knowledge about this task.
mark byrd selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
mark byrd commented Aug 12 '14, 9:13 a.m.

I will try IBM Link. Thank you. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.