It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Any experience with dynaTrace and Tomcat/Jazz tools (RTC/RRC) ?

long TRUONG (3654118146) | asked Jul 29 '14, 8:27 p.m.
 We are about to install dynaTrace on our PRD Jazz server (all JTS/RTC/RRC on 1 server) 4.0.3. 

However up to now, have not found any significant details (may be burried in voluminous frivolous traces) on dynaTrace to be able to trace sluggish/hung performance of the Jazz tools on Test env, but for the 4 failed commands which hung Tomcat amid attempts to stop it (the server host eventually had to be rebooted to restart the server).

Just wonder if anybody has tinkled with dynaTrace and can share their experience in configuring dynaTrace (which actually traces the JVM, assumed to be only 1 on the Tomcat service)

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 31 '14, 3:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Long,

there is work being done to monitor the Jazz Servers: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/DeploymentMonitoring
This is on a much more detailed level in the Jazz Servers. i have no experience with dynaTrace myself, but I assume it does not know anything about the internal workings of the Jazz servers and can only help on the communication level.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.