It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Deploying twitter sample: App is not running in Bluemix

Christophe Elek (2.9k13021) | asked Jul 22 '14, 9:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 I am following http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg25yERL9wo
When I click deploy It seems the app is not deployed
Bluemix tells me your app is not running, and the status of the instance is 'Flapping'

Accepted answer

permanent link
McQ Wilson (613) | answered Jul 22 '14, 10:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
When I checked the logs, it said:

bluemix-sample-tia-node: mongo: url: mongodb://localhost:27017/bluemix-sample-tia-node
bluemix-sample-tia-node: connecting...
bluemix-sample-tia-node: error connecting; err: Error: failed to connect to [localhost:27017]
bluemix-sample-tia-node: PLEASE ENSURE THAT MONGODB IS STARTED AND BOUND TO YOUR APP BEFORE STARTING ON BLUEMIX.
bluemix-sample-tia-node: error initializing mongodb: Error: failed to connect to [localhost:27017]

The manifest doesn't reference mongo, so I suspect there's a missing dependency somewhere. Not sure how the example code got broken, but I'll mention it to the developers
Christophe Elek selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Christophe Elek commented Jul 22 '14, 10:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thx much
How could I have checked the logs ? Bluemix did not give me a link...
I got this instead
BXNUI2034E: Error while getting instances resource. Cloud Foundry issued the following message: "File error: Request failed for app: tia_node, instance: 0 and path: / as the instance is not found." To get help, refer to the Troubleshooting topic in the IBM Bluemix Documentation.

Christophe Elek commented Jul 22 '14, 10:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Added Mongo DB as service in my IBM Bluemix project -> success

McQ Wilson commented Jul 22 '14, 10:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

I used the "logs" link in the web IDE:

pointer to logs button

One other answer

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Jul 22 '14, 10:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Christophe,
Which sample app are you using?  This forum question might be helpful: https://developer.ibm.com/answers/questions/8624/nodejs-cpu-flapping/?community=jazzhub

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.