It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using OSLC for RQM, how do I get all custom attributes (including empty ones)?

Stephen Valliere (231418) | asked Jul 21 '14, 8:14 a.m.
Currently when I do a get on a Test Plan or Test Case, I only retrieve the custom attributes that have been filled in. If I want to the custom attributes, I need to know the Attribute Identifiers. Is there a way to retrieve the attribute identifiers for all of the custom attributes, even if they are blank?

If that is not possible, then is there a way to change the identifiers through the GUI on attributes that have already been created?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Jul 21 '14, 8:27 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The OSLC QM V2 API (and RQM Reportable REST API) only populates set properties. 

Identifiers are immutable, meaning once set, they cannot be changed.
Stephen Valliere selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Stephen Valliere commented Jul 21 '14, 8:44 a.m.

This is kind of a problem. If we can't discover the identifier that is in use, we have to hardcode it into the OSLC script. This is a problem if the user who created the identifier creates it with the wrong type and has to recreate it. Then the identifier will not match what is expected by the script. Our custom attributes don't get set until the script generates them. Any suggestions for us?

Paul Slauenwhite commented Jul 21 '14, 9:08 a.m.

Unfortunately, we don't provide a public API for CRUDing custom attributes.

Rudy Holthuis commented Mar 25 '15, 10:26 a.m. | edited Oct 12 '17, 4:26 p.m.

Paul,  I want to confirm and check if I understand your response correctly.  Are you saying that there is no way to create or delete Custom Attributes for a Test Plan or Test Case, for example, in RQM?  If so, that means that we always have to update manually, is that correct?

I am using version 5.0 and will soon be at version 5.0.2.  Will that make a difference or is CRUD simply not going to be available for custom attributes in RQM?

Paul Slauenwhite commented Mar 25 '15, 11:12 a.m.

No.  You can add new custom attribute(s) to the associated test artifact (e.g. test case) and they will be created, if they don't exist.  Removing custom attribute(s) from the associated test artifact (e.g. test case) will only delete them from the test artifact and not delete the underlying custom attribute(s).

Thiruvenkadam Dhanaraj commented Jun 14 '17, 6:39 a.m. | edited Oct 12 '17, 10:05 a.m.

any updates on performing CRUD operation in custom attributes? is there any api available to delete, modify custom attributes using RestAPI?

Paul Slauenwhite commented Jun 14 '17, 6:43 a.m.

Thiruvenkadam Dhanaraj commented Jun 14 '17, 6:47 a.m.

Thank you Paul

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.