It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

OSLC Automation Result fails without Test Case reference

Elliot Morrison-Reed (2059) | asked Nov 25 '13, 10:07 a.m.
edited Nov 25 '13, 10:08 a.m.
It looks to me like an Automation Result POST into the RQM system (as detailed in https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMTestAutomationAdapterAPI Steps 32 - 36) fails if the oslc_qm:reportsOnTestCase triple is not defined (returns 409 result).

In general, I wouldn't think that this is a big problem (though it is listed as optional in the API doc, and not mentioned in the example).  The problem I have is that I can't find any way that I can actually find the current test case that is being executed.  The Automation Request resource has the following property: oslc_qm:executesTestScript.  However, the Test Script resource only provides the following triples: oslc_qm:executionInstructions, oslc_qm:relatedChangeRequest, and oslc_qm:validatesRequirement.

How can I find the Test Case that caused a given Automation Request so that I can link it in the Automation Result?  Otherwise, how can I create an Automation Result without specifying the Test Case?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Nov 25 '13, 3:24 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Elliot,

If you look at the AutomationResult resource shape, the oslc_qm:reportsOnTestCase property is required.  The AutomationRequest resource should reference the oslc_qm:TestExecutionRecord in the oslc_auto:executesAutomationPlan property, which contains the executed test case.

We will update the WIKI under RQM Test Automation Adapter API Reference contains incorrect Automation Result vocabulary. (100877).
Elliot Morrison-Reed selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.