It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I use the plain java api to deliver outgoing change sets for one component?

mark byrd (14712330) | asked Jul 09 '14, 2:24 p.m.
This article ... http://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/09/30/delivering-change-sets-and-baselines-to-a-stream-using-the-plain-java-client-libraries/ ... shows how to deliver all outgoing change sets for all components. 

Is there a way to deliver the change sets for only one component?

I'm guessing I might be able to do this by populating excludedComponents in IChangeSyncHistoryReport.compareTo(remoteFlowNode, flags, excludedComponentsmonitor) with all the IComponentHandle values except the one who's outgoing change sets  I want to deliver.

Is there another way?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jul 09 '14, 2:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm not sure what you're looking for since the article you posted seems to describe what you want to do. The actual deliver code only gets the baselines and change sets for a specified component.
mark byrd selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
mark byrd commented Jul 09 '14, 3:44 p.m.

I see what I did wrong now. When I wrote code to test this, I left out component

repoWorkspace.deliver(targetStream, changeSetSync,
Collections.EMPTY_LIST,
changeSetSync.outgoingChangeSets(component), monitor);

Since both outgoingChangeSets() and outgoingChangeSets(IComponentHandle component) are valid methods, I was not testing what I though I was.. 

Thanks. Sorry I bothered you. My bad.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.