It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to tell if there is an active scm daemon running with current login on Linux

Jerry Feldman (12710) | asked Jun 25 '14, 12:29 p.m.
I am wrting a script to load a number of objects into the repository workspace. I don't want to place my login credentials in a script. But, I do want the script to be able to query if a login is present for the repository. I would prefer using an scm command to do this rather than using the system to check the processes.

Does lscm login return an error code if the login is already active. Or does it start another daemon.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jun 25 '14, 1:49 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Using 'lscm' will reuse a running daemon if possible. You can check for running daemons using 'scm list daemons' (note that 'scm' is used instead of 'lscm'). If you're worried about daemon processes still running, you should use 'scm' as that will not leave a daemon running after execution.
Jerry Feldman selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jerry Feldman commented Jun 25 '14, 1:57 p.m.

Thanks. I did notice 2 daemons running, but one may have been the result of an error.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.