It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] Why does the "Export to Repository" window for RQMExcelImporter not appear?

Andrew Trobec (49712144139) | asked Jun 24 '14, 9:15 a.m.
closed Jul 29 '14, 3:29 a.m.
Hello,

I have installed versions 4.0.0.1, 4.0.1, and 4.0.3 of the RQMExcelImporter into my instance of Microsoft Excel 2010.  Each time the RQM add-in appears but when I select "Export to Repository" the window does not appear!  I get no error message or anything, it just does nothing...

How can I solve this?

Regards,

Andrew

Comments
Don Yang commented Jun 24 '14, 9:08 p.m.

is your Excel 2010 64 bit? if yes, did you install ExcelImporter 64 bit or not?

Andrew Trobec commented Jun 25 '14, 1:55 a.m.

@dyang

Hello Don, thanks for the reply.
Excel 2010 is 32-bit and so the 32-bit version of RQMExcelImporter was installed.  I tried the 64-bit anyway and this results in the tool not even appearing in the ribbon.
Regards,
Andrew

Don Yang commented Jun 25 '14, 5:21 a.m.

it is worth to check with the last comment in this post:
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/74775/rqm-excel-importer

Andrew Trobec commented Jun 25 '14, 5:57 a.m.

@dyang

Hello again Don,
I took a look at the post you suggested but my situation is different.  In my case the add-in loads, but when I select "Export to Repository" nothing happens (I'm supposed to get the popup window).  Is there a page that outlines the prerequisites required to use the add-in (patches, fixes, frameworks or something similar)?
Regards,
Andrew

Don Yang commented Jun 25 '14, 8:55 p.m.

I guess you may have seen this: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter
in which it provides the prerequsites and more.
Usually the problem is that there RQM menu is not seen in the Excel after installation. It is quite unusual you have the menu but it does not work. How about Export to file, does it work or not?
The reason I suggested to check with the post is to check if there is anything related to importer which may be disabled in the Excel add-ins and it may lead to the problem you are seeing.

The question has been closed for the following reason: "The question is answered, right answer was accepted" by spriteburn Jul 29 '14, 3:29 a.m.

2 answers

permanent link
Diao Xian Feng (361) | answered Jul 28 '14, 10:17 p.m.
Hi,
Is the issue resolved or not? looks like no comment for a long time.

permanent link
Andrew Trobec (49712144139) | answered Jul 29 '14, 3:23 a.m.
Hello,

Thanks for posting and reminding me of this post.  I discovered that the root of the issue was the "Region and Language Settings" for Windows.  Once the "Format" was set to "English (United States)" everything started working.

I have also noticed that the RQMExcelWorkImporter wiki now contains a section "RQM popup does not appear in Excel or Word when clicking on a menu entry" with these exact instructions!

Regards,

Andrew