It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to create a work item snapshot?

John Owen (462422) | asked Jun 23 '14, 5:25 a.m.
Does Jazz support the ability to create a snapshot of a work item? One use of this would be to allow the creation of a document such as a pdf which contains the contents of the work items and all its expanded links at the time the snapshot was created.

2 answers

permanent link
Robert Wen (690412) | answered Jun 23 '14, 9:36 a.m.
Off the top of my head, I think the answer is "no".

Could you elaborate on your use case?  What you described sounds like it could be accomplished in RPE.

permanent link
John Owen (462422) | answered Jun 23 '14, 10:29 a.m.
When we complete a release of the product it would be useful to also have a snapshot of the work item(s) relating to that release and their linked artefacts at the time the release was issued.  This is particularly useful if the work items contain design information or discussions relating to that design. The information could be saved as a PDF for example for later reference.

I hadn't thought about RPE.  Would that be able to expand the links in work items so the contents of those links are included as well?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.