It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Clean the sandbox including unresolved changes and ignored files?

Makson Lee (41024241) | asked Jun 20 '14, 11:25 p.m.
I know that 'scm undo change' can undo changes to files, but what about ignored files? If i do some change to a ignored file, is it possible to undo it too? We need that the sandbox can go back to it original status after a build, and i don't want to unload and load the workspace because it takes about 30 minutes to do that.

One answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Jun 23 '14, 6:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I believe you cannot undo an ignored change. However you can reload the workspace using 'scm load -f ...'. The -f/--force option loads only new/changed items and not all the items.

Comments
Makson Lee commented Jun 23 '14, 9:16 p.m.

We would like to have something like the following, i just wonder if this can be done in RTC.

git-clean - Remove untracked files from the working tree
OPTIONS
-x
  Don't use the standard ignore rules read from .gitignore (per directory) and $GIT_DIR/info/exclude, but do still use the ignore rules given with -e options.

Shashikant Padur commented Jun 23 '14, 11:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The cli does not have a way to do this today. Please raise an enhancement request. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.