It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DataBase connection

Mario Coluzzi (358) | asked Jun 19 '14, 7:58 a.m.
edited Jun 19 '14, 7:59 a.m.
 Giving the following scenario:

- Jazz Server running with WebSphere gone (no backup no-anything else)
- Oracle DB intact

What are the chances to succesfully rebuild the Jazz server, to re-connect it to Oracle DB and resume the service? Of course knowing the user ID and Password for the DB

Cheers

Comments
Erica Tran commented Jun 19 '14, 9:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Mario, 
Does that mean the files in JazzTeamServer\server\conf are gone?  It will be a lot easier to restore with them.  At a high level, the steps to restore should be similar to setting up a staging environment like Staging a test environment for the upgrade process.

Mario Coluzzi commented Jun 19 '14, 9:25 a.m. | edited Jun 23 '14, 5:47 a.m.

Hello Erica,

No the conf files are not gone, fortunately. It is a scenario I have to consider because backups are not in the "agenda". This means I have to explore the option of "crash" recovery, better "build from scratch" recovery.

In short, which are the relevant files to "copy" that have all the connection info? You said "much easier" with them, let's suppose I do not have them.

One answer

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Jun 19 '14, 3:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Mario,
I'm not sure what version you have, but this is from the 4.0.6 info center.  It lists the items you need to back up CLM.
Backing up and restoring Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management applications
This references the entire /conf directory for each application.  In scenarios I have worked with, I have been able to restore with the database and just the the .properties and .rdf files and the database. 
I hope this helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.