It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Are there specific Jazz APIs to extract the contents of RRC artifacts from the Jazz database?

Subramani Murugesan (611) | asked Jun 11 '14, 2:10 a.m.

Hi All,

Would like to know about APIs in RRC to programmatically access the elements in BPMN and Use Case Diagram. Also need need to confirm to which granularity level the APIs exist in the case of BPMN and Use Case diagrams.

Awaiting your reply. Thanks in advance

Regards,

Subbu

2 answers

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Aug 01 '14, 7:00 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If I understand your question correctly, there really aren't any APIs to access the internals of graphical artifacts.
You can get the raw rdf for the artifact, and the "content" is available in the <rm:rrcContent> element as encoded xml, but we do not publish the xml schema used.

permanent link
Matthew Stone (23411) | answered Dec 23 '15, 9:40 a.m.
Stef,

Have there been any changes on this topic in the last year+?

I can access the <rm:rrccontent> in my application and I can see the encoded XML.  The question is how do I collect/build a browser friendly representation in order to render the rrccontent within my consumer application?

Thanks!

Comments
Stef van Dijk commented Dec 23 '15, 9:53 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Matthew,

No, the structure of the <rm:rrccontent> is effectively proprietary. Furthermore, the product is moving away from the 'classic' graphical artifacts toward a new Diagram artifact format that uses a completely different editor (one that does not require the converter or the browser add-on). This new editor is available starting in DNG 6.0. However note that there is currently no migration story for existing graphical artifacts which will still require the use of the converter and browser add-on.

And no, I do not know if we publish the schema for this new Diagram format.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.