It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I programatically change the enumeration values of an RRC enumerated attribute type

Alan Murphy (531414) | asked Jan 09 '13, 8:03 a.m.
I have a customer that created around 100 RRC projects and started populating them.  They then wanted to make a lot of changes to the list of enumerated values for an RRC attribute.  This is a horendous thing to fix manually.  I'm hoping somebody can point me at a way to either update the template of an exisiting RRC project or to be able to programatically be able to amend the enuerated values of this type in each of the 100 projects

Accepted answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Mar 30 '13, 11:57 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Yes the current OSLC capabilities can be used to modify artifacts, for example, to set attribute properties.  But can one modify the type system itself?  I didn't think so.

Note there is an administrative short cut introduced in 4.0.1, which IMO reduces the effort from horrendous to mildly annoying.

Alan, I opened this enhancement, which you can subscribe to: https://jazz.net/jazz03/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/73341
Alan Murphy selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Alan Murphy commented Apr 05 '13, 6:13 a.m.

Thanks Daniel, I shall follow it with interest.  You mentioned an administrative shortcut .....

One other answer

permanent link
Fabian Lomeli (2213) | answered Mar 20 '13, 10:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can use the OSLC capabilities to work and manage artifacts, attributes, etc.
Here a link that may be useful
https://jazz.net/library/article/1197

Comments
Alan Murphy commented Apr 05 '13, 6:14 a.m.

This only covers modifying the values in workitems, not the underlying types themselves regretably

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.