It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reverse find

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8281269) | asked Apr 15 '09, 2:04 p.m.
Hello,

I may be missing something, but I have a huge list of Test Scripts. Two of the test scripts have similar names. I was trying to click on the test script and see the associated test case, but I don't see an option.

How do I do that, without going through all test cases and looking at the test script(s).

thanks

3 answers

permanent link
Wayne Ho (91) | answered Apr 16 '09, 4:49 p.m.
You are correct, at the moment there is no quick way to see the associated/parent test case(s) for a given test script.

I have opened up an enhancement request to track this issue.

We do have a way to show associated/parent test plans for a test case. When opening a test case, there is a view in the Related Information area (to the right of the screen; the related information drawer needs to be expanded), there is a "Parent Test Plan(s)" view that lists the parent artifacts.

I've suggested that we do something similar for test scripts and display the associated test cases in a "Parent Test Case(s)" view that one can see in the Test Script editor. Would that solution help solve your problem?

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k2135139) | answered Apr 29 '09, 8:43 a.m.
You are correct, at the moment there is no quick way to see the associated/parent test case(s) for a given test script.

We do have a way to show associated/parent test plans for a test case. When opening a test case, there is a view in the Related Information area (to the right of the screen; the related information drawer needs to be expanded), there is a "Parent Test Plan(s)" view that lists the parent artifacts.

I've suggested that we do something similar for test scripts and display the associated test cases in a "Parent Test Case(s)" view that one can see in the Test Script editor. Would that solution help solve your problem?

Wayne I would like to think we can extend this in the same way we can see which test plans are associated with a requirement - this features should be able for test plans, test cases, scripts, suites and Keywords ! RMT has a feature where you could see all associated test scripts that included a specific keyword.

permanent link
John Matthews (2263932) | answered Oct 22 '09, 11:02 a.m.
... this functionality (showing Parent Test Case(s) from a Test Script) is available in 2.0. (top right-hand corner of web UI when viewing the Test Script)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.