It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Description field displays data one letter per line in query result in chrome

Jazz Queries (111221) | asked Jun 02 '14, 5:34 a.m.
edited Jun 02 '14, 8:15 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k375103)
 Hi

RTC Description field displays one letter per line when displayed in query result in chrome browser. Also it overlaps its name to next column name. Is it a bug in browser, RTC?

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Jun 02 '14, 8:14 a.m.

Hi Jazz,
I have never observed such behavior in my web browser. To help us better in investigating the issue:
1. Please provide screen snapshot of the issue
2. You have mentioned about the issue in Chrome.
2a. Which another browsers did you try?
2b.What was the result there?
3a. Do you have it for all query result or only for specific one?
3b. Can you figure out the difference for which query results you have an issue and for which you do not?
4. What is your RTC version?

Jazz Queries commented Jun 02 '14, 9:20 a.m. | edited Jun 02 '14, 9:46 a.m.

Hi

Thanks for quick response

1. I am unable to upload the snapshot due to my reputation :)
2. The issue is in Chrome Version 35.0.1916.114 m
2a. I tried in Firefox 24.5.0 and IE 8
2b. It behaves correctly over there
3a. The behavior is for Description Attribute (default attribute). I suspect it may be the behavior is for Large HTML datatype
3b. I have issue in all queries where Description attribute is involved in all workitem types
4. RTC version 4.0.4

share me a mail id where i can mail the snapshot

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Jun 02 '14, 10:33 a.m.

Hi Jazz,
I was trying to see the query in 4.0.4 on Chrome and it worked me correctly. It is interesting whether this issue has been fixed in 5.0. Please try running the query on jazz.net => do you have the issue there?

Dinesh Kumar B commented Jul 30 '14, 4:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Jazz,

It would be interesting to see the screen shot of what you observe.  Could you please share one? thanks.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.