It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can Scheduled Absences be less than 1 day in duration

Jeff Barrett (2143) | asked Apr 14 '09, 2:39 p.m.
In the User Editor on the Scheduled Absences tab, I don't see a way to enter anything other than full-day absences. Is it possible to schedule 1/2-days somehow?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

3 answers

permanent link
Jeff Barrett (2143) | answered Apr 17 '09, 8:10 a.m.
Thanks! I've created Enhancement Request
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=78746

permanent link
Michael Scharf (781) | answered Apr 16 '09, 8:46 a.m.
In the User Editor on the Scheduled Absences tab, I don't see a way to
enter anything other than full-day absences. Is it possible to
schedule 1/2-days somehow?

No, this is currently not possible. Pls file an enhancement request. Thanks!

--
MikeS
Jazz Agile Planning team

Comments
Guido Schneider commented May 07 '13, 12:17 p.m.

The Absences are stored and reported with date time format.
If I set absences with help of Java API, I have to provied startdate and enddate with time. Today I set 12:00AM - 11:59PM.

What happens if I set just a few hours in the absences with help of Java-API?

permanent link
Nigel Bradley (414) | answered Feb 21 '20, 3:57 a.m.

As the enhancement for this has not been implemented yet, Work allocations could be used as a workaround

• Let’s say I have defined my normal work allocation for Project/team X to be 50%
  • Now lets say for a specific day, I normally work 8 hours but I’m going to schedule 3 hours of absence in that day.
  • I add a new work allocation for that specific day set to 31%  (based upon 50% * (8-3)/8 = ~31%)

It would be quite an overhead to have to do this for frequent absences or for a lot of projects & teams so the enhancement would be a better method.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.