It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational quality manager uses providers

Hamed Moussa (756) | asked May 26 '14, 2:54 p.m.

Hello everyone,

In quality manager there was associations like uses defect, uses quality management tasks and automation.

and I want to add a new type like task provider or a custom work item type like non-compliances

Is there any solution for this? or a workaround to do this?

Thanks

Hamed

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 26 '14, 4:40 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't quite understand the question.

Donald Nong commented May 27 '14, 3:31 a.m.

You do understand that those are project association, right? So are you trying to create new project association types?

Hamed Moussa commented May 27 '14, 4:31 a.m.

Yes thats what i mean in quality manager you can make an association with providers but they are may be fixed i want to add a new artifact type instead of defect i can use any artifact type task, bug any thing else.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Vidya Malkarnekar (1.0k15) | answered May 27 '14, 12:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hamed,

Even though you have to select 'Uses Defect' at project association,   you can use any "workItem" type in the dropdown  when actually creating/linking RTC workitem  from within RQM. Here's an old article-- https://jazz.net/library/article/463. The concept is  the same in newer versions too.

-Vidya
Hamed Moussa selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered May 27 '14, 7:27 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
CLM integration is built on Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration (OSLC).  As such, you cannot define an association/integration not covered by the OSLC domains and specifications supported by RQM.  For more information, see http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m6/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/r_oslc_services.html.

Comments
Hamed Moussa commented May 27 '14, 8:32 a.m.

ok but i didn't need to make a new integration, but can i change the defect to other work item. in association there's a defect provider CCM can i make the CCM also provide another type. that's what i am asking about. instead of uses defect or provides defect 

use any workitem type or provide it.
thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.