It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to access WORKITEMS_SNAPSHOT ENUMERATIONS Enumerations Table in Birt?

Robert Truban (33811) | asked May 21 '14, 4:11 p.m.
edited May 22 '14, 3:22 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
I have read the tutorials and several other forum posts on this topic, but no matter what I try I can not get the WORKITEMS_SNAPSHOT ENUMERATIONS table/view to return any values in BIRT.

I have used {Current Project Area} and actual ID values for the PROJECT_AREA_ITEMID, which works on other tables, but the enum table will not return values.  I have used parameters and actual values in filters.  

One interesting symptom is that when creating a new data set the ENUMERATIONS table does not show up in the list but if I type it into table name area by hand BIRT shows the four columns the table/view is suppose to have (according to the information I have read).

I have the same issue with 2 separate instances of Jazz, one using Oracle and the other DB2.  I am not sure if the data warehouse jobs are not setup correctly or what.  I am currently using version 4.0.5, but I had the same issue prior to upgrading from 4.0.3. 

I really need to create some reports that include custom attributes (enums) so if anyone has any ideas or advice on how to troubleshoot this I would certainly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance,

Rob

One answer

permanent link
Bill Taylor (1441533) | answered Apr 09 '16, 8:05 a.m.
Have you tried creating the data set as a "Jazz Simple Data Set" rather than the default "Jazz Advanced Data Set" - you will find the table in the drop down then!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.