It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adding Horizontal Lines to Break Up to Work Item List

Evan Edwards (231014) | asked May 20 '14, 12:21 p.m.
edited May 20 '14, 12:25 p.m.

I would like to know if it is possible to add a Horizontal Line to Break Up the different work item types that I have configured for our environment. It would look like something like the following:

Planning Items:

Work Item Type1

Work Item Type2

etc.

Execution Items:

Work Item Type1

Work Item Type2

etc.

The idea would be when you create new work items either from the web browser or from the Eclipse client you would see some hierarchy instead of a flat structure.  Is this something that would be possible by modifying the XML?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered May 20 '14, 9:59 p.m.
I believe you are looking for "grouping" of the work item types. I am not aware of such feature exists in RTC. You can open an RFE for that.
Having said that, the order of the work item types appearing in the "create work item" menu is the same as in the Process Configuration Source (the XML in your words). So you can organize them in an order of your liking. I think that's the closest you can get for the time being.
Evan Edwards selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Evan Edwards commented May 21 '14, 10:00 a.m.

Thank you for the response. I have already been able to organize the work items so they appear best according to the users liking. I just wanted to see if I can take it further and group them to help eliminate confusion and make it more useful to see the work item types.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.