It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Replacing baselines - difference in behaviour bewteen the Plain API and the RTC client

Zoe Slattery (4011720) | asked May 16 '14, 8:37 a.m.
I'm using the 4.0.6 RTC client and API with a 4.0.6 server.

The sequence of operations I am trying to do is:

1) Create a workspace from a snapshot of a stream
2) Replace component baselines in the workspace with baselines at a known level (not the most recent).
3) Make a snapshot of the workspace
4) Create a second workspace from the new snapshot

If I set the flow target of the second workspace to the stream I would expect to see incoming (newer)  baselines from the stream, as indeed I do whether I do this using the API of the RTC GUI.

However - if I do it using the API I also see an outgoing change which is the baseline that I replaced. This baseline is exactly the same same as the one in the stream (compare) but if I deliver it it resets the stream history . This is not the behaviour I want.

I expect that I am probably using the API incorrectly, here is the code that does the replacement:

public IWorkspaceConnection replaceComponentInWorkspaceConnection(
            IWorkspaceConnection workspaceConnection,
            IComponentHandle componentHandle, IConnection baseline,
            IProgressMonitor monitor) throws TeamRepositoryException {

workspaceConnection.applyComponentOperations(Collections
                    .singletonList(workspaceConnection.componentOpFactory()
                            .replaceComponent(componentHandle, baseline, false)), true, monitor);

return workspaceConnection;
    }

Is there something obvious that I am doing wrong? Or a better way to do what I want?

One answer

permanent link
Zoe Slattery (4011720) | answered May 16 '14, 12:19 p.m.
Further testing on a separate system shows that my API code works in exactly the same way as the RTC Client. So, I'm suspecting now that there is a problem with our production server set up. Anyway - I no longer have a question about differences between the API and the client which is progress, I suppose.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.