It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

import test cases with test scripts using RQM excel import tool

Sirisha t (1058) | asked May 15 '14, 5:22 a.m.
Hi, I'm trying to import a testcase with testscripts using "Testsuite with testcases that have testscripts" config file.

Am able to upload 1 or 2 testcases, scripts successfully but when I try to import multiple around 50 testcases , it is throwing some errors.

My cfg file look like this:

testscript.XLSStartRow=5

// use the data in the first row of a found script's column B
testscript.XLSArtifactID=B
testscript.dc:title=B
testscript.dc:description=G

// the literal "execution" will be put into the step type tag, so all steps will be of type execution
testscript.steps.type="execution"
testscript.steps.title=C
testscript.steps.name=C
testscript.steps.description=D
testscript.steps.expectedResult=E

testcase.category term="Priority".value=F
testcase.category term="TestType".value=H
testcase.category term="Project".value=J
testcase.category term="Test Phase".value=K
testcase.category term="Release".value=L

// a new script starts when we encounter an empty row
testscript.XLSDelimeter=\n

// we want to use the data we got for each test script to create a test case
testcase.ID=testscript.XLSArtifactID

// by refering to the testscript's field instead of the column that data comes from
// the tool will also create links to each of the test scripts.
testcase.dc:title=testscript.dc:title
testcase.dc:description=testscript.dc:description
testcase.alm:owner=I
testsuite.dc:title=B1
testsuite.dc:description=B2
testsuite.XLSLink=testcase

I am getting Internal error (500).  The log file  AppData\Roaming\Mso2Rqm is displaying below message:

sending testscript4 named Opt_in_winback_for_SME_user_registered_at_CTN_level__Negative_Testing
Server returned code OK
sending testscript5 named Login_to_My_account_and_Verify_winback_is_editable_for_SPT_user_registered_at_BAN_level
Server returned code OK
sending testscript6 named Login_to_My_account_and_Verify_winback_is_not_editable_for__SME_user_registered_at_CTN_level
Server returned code OK
sending testscript7 named Login_to_My_account_and_Verify_winback_is_editable_for__SME_user_registered_at_BAN_level
Server returned code OK
sending executionworkitem8 named Login_to_My_account_and_Verify_winback_is_editable_for__SME_user_registered_at_BAN_level
Server returned code InternalServerError
Error sending to server Login_to_My_account_and_Verify_winback_is_editable_for__SME_user_registered_at_BAN_level of type executionworkitem
Internal Server Error
sending executionworkitem9 named Login_to_My_account_and_Verify_winback_is_not_editable_for__SME_user_registered_at_CTN_level
Error sending to server Login_to_My_account_and_Verify_winback_is_not_editable_for__SME_user_registered_at_CTN_level of type executionworkitem
Internal Server Error
sending executionworkitem10 named Login_to_My_account_and_Verify_winback_is_editable_for_SPT_user_registered_at_BAN_level
Error sending to server Login_to_My_account_and_Verify_winback_is_editable_for_SPT_user_registered_at_BAN_level of type executionworkitem
Internal Server Error
sending executionworkitem11 named Login_to_My_account_and_Verify_winback_is_not_editable_for__SPT_user_registered_at_CTN_level

I have posted part of log message.  Is the way I specified the test case, test script is wrong? why it has worked for few TCs but not working for others.  Would anybody please help me on this.  Thanks in Advance.

One answer

permanent link
Diao Xian Feng (361) | answered May 15 '14, 11:30 p.m.
Hi Sirisha,

Can you please send your excel file and .cfg file to me? So I can look at this issue.
My email: dxfdiao@cn.ibm.com

Comments
Diao Xian Feng commented May 18 '14, 10:21 p.m.

Hi Sirisha,

I tested on my RQM importer 5.0, it's worked well. Which version RQM importer do you use?
As I know for RQM importer 4.0.6, have one defect about wrong artifact generated sequence issue.

Sirisha t commented May 26 '14, 12:39 p.m.

Hi Dian Xian Feng,
    Thanks for your response, I have tried using RQM importer 5.0, it worked for " Testsuite with testcases that have testscripts" config file worked fine but we are also trying "Scripts that create testcases with TCER" config, I'm still facing issues even in RQM excel importer 5.0, could you please help..

Thanks in Advance!
Sirisha.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.