It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM - Owner vs Team area

srinivasan thiagarajan (133) | asked May 14 '14, 4:13 a.m.
How does an RQM owner differ from a Team area assignment for an artifact ?  Will the permissions assigned be different ?

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered May 14 '14, 6:45 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Team areas are used to manage team membership, roles assignments, and team artifacts.  They inherit/customize/override the process and timeline of their parent (project area or parent team area).  When assigning a team area to a test artifact, you are assigning a specific process and timeline to that test artifact.

For more information, see http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m6/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.platform.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_team_area.html.

Comments
srinivasan thiagarajan commented May 14 '14, 1:52 p.m.

Thanks Paul. While I understood the concept of team area I wanted to know the significance of the owner field in the artifact.

Can I assign an owner who does not belong to the team area to which the artifact is assigned ?  Is the owner drop down only used when assigning the artifact for review/approval ? 

Paul Slauenwhite commented May 15 '14, 8:20 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The owner field is mutually exclusive to the team area field.  As such, you can assign any user in the repository as the owner, even users that don't belong to the assigned team area.  The associated team area defines the governing process of the artifact whereas the owner field is a static field with no functional bearing on the artifact.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.