It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Applying updated BIRT report template to the whole repository in RTC

Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | asked May 09 '14, 8:52 a.m.
In RTC 406, I took a report template from example jar file and updated it. I then go to a Scrum project area's same report template's property and point the template to the updated one, it works for me when I create a new report from the template(the change is there).
Now I want to deploy this updated template to the whole repository so that I don't need to replace the existing template in the project areas one by one, also when I create a new project area, it would use the updated template automatically. I replaced the template in the Example jar file and restarted server and then try to create a new project area but I did not see the updated template instead the old one is still used.
How can I apply an updated report template in RTC so that
1) I can see the updated template in all newly created project areas
2) it will apply to all existing project areas
Thanks a lot.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alanna Zito (1.3k3) | answered May 09 '14, 9:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Don,

I haven't tried doing this myself (replacing the template in the jar file), but if you're using RTC 4.0.6, this should work (note that it would *not* work with RTC 4.0.2 or earlier).  When you say that you restarted the server after replacing the jar file - did you reset the server before restarting?
Don Yang selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Alanna Zito commented May 09 '14, 9:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Also - just to make sure, exactly which jar file did you update?

Don Yang commented May 09 '14, 6:54 p.m. | edited May 09 '14, 6:55 p.m.

Thanks Alanna.
I updated one template from com.ibm.team.examples.reports.common.xxx.jar file in 406 and put it back and restarted server. is this the right jar file I should put the updated template?
I did not reset server, do I need to run https://localhost:9443/ccm/admin/cmd/requestReset
before I restart server?

Alanna Zito commented May 12 '14, 9:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, that's right - any time you update a jar file in the update site, it's not enough to just restart the server - you need to request a server reset before doing the restart (you can do this from the UI by going to https://localhost:9443/ccm/admin?internal=true, and then going to "Server Reset" under the "Internal Tools" section.)

Don Yang commented May 12 '14, 8:02 p.m.

Thanks Alanna.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.