It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC and RTC (CLM) Example project set-up to deliver Task Based work for Requirements and BA's

Matt Muller (59813574) | asked May 08 '14, 10:35 a.m.
Hi,

I've got a set of old CLM training notes;  but I'm interested in any IBM examples of how to set-up a new Project / team with some Process Steps (Work items);  which link to Work items and requirements modules in RRC.

As an option would be good to understand the link to RMC to guide the process etc.

Thanks

Comments
Charlie Seo commented May 26 '14, 9:51 p.m.

I presume you are mentioning process enablement rather than technical implementation. If you could share any specific process model you wish to implement, it would be easy for SME out there to provide useful info. Comment added since I'm curious too ;)

One answer

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered May 27 '14, 4:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Matt

Have you tried the standard example that ships with CLM (JKE Banking)? This *may* meet your requirements.

If not - the principle is simple:

1) Everyone uses tasks to plan out their work, regardless of what the work is.
2) The outcome of that work gets linked to the work item (so, for example, a new collection of requirements is linked back to a task for the BA to "Gather requirements from stakeholder X", or a task for the developer to create some new functionality in code is linked to the changesets that implement the new function.

Lots of simplification here - but hopefully that gives you a starting point.

Tell us more about what you are trying to do, and people will be able to provide better answers.

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.