It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I change the frequency for authorized license log file updating?

Seenivasan Thiruvalluvar (3257) | asked May 06 '14, 1:16 a.m.
edited May 07 '14, 7:09 a.m.
The authorized licenses log file (calLogFile.csv) is updating every one hour.
is there any possibility to change the timings?
For example: log file should update every 15mins.

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered May 07 '14, 1:16 a.m.
Can you please clarify what it means "updating every one hour"?
On my JTS 4.0.6 server, as long as the Floating License Logging is enabled, all license activities (checkin, checkout, extend, expire and etc) are recorded in the floatingLicenseLogFile.csv immediately when they take place. In other words, the floatingLicenseLogFile.csv file is updated on-the-fly.

Comments
Seenivasan Thiruvalluvar commented May 07 '14, 1:36 a.m. | edited May 07 '14, 1:46 a.m.

@Donald Nong. In my logfile the license activities are recorded one hour once (not immediately). I am using JTS 4.0.5 server.
For example:
Last modified time of the log file is 10.00 AM
Now few license activities are taken place. but these entries will not be available immediately in the log file.
These will be available in log file on 11.00 AM (one hour once its updating)

Donald Nong commented May 07 '14, 3:21 a.m.

I can confirm that my JTS 4.0.5 server also updates the license log files immediately. There must be something different in your environment that we are yet to find out.

Seenivasan Thiruvalluvar commented May 07 '14, 7:17 a.m.

@Donald Nong, also request you to provide the details, so that the authorized license log file (calLogFile.csv) will update immediately or certain period of time. (right now it is updating every one hour)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.