It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] Accumulated Time in Roadmap view of a plan

Sumant Renukarya (1.1k23339) | asked Apr 16 '14, 3:33 p.m.
closed Apr 04 '23, 5:42 a.m. by David Honey (1.8k17)

This is in both RTC 4.0.5 and RTC 4.0.6 using the default scrum process template.

I have a project with a Main development line à Release 1.0; The timeline for this Release 1.0 is [4/16/2014-5/6/2014]. There are 2 sprints.

In Sprint 1 [4/16/2014 – 5/6/2014]

Sprint 2 [5/7/2014-5/26/2014]

For Sprint 1, I add a story and 2 child tasks. For task 1, the estimated time is 2d and for task 2, the estimated time is 4d.

Now, if I go to the plan which contains these work items, select ‘Roadmap’ view, the Accumulated time for the story shows the bar from 17 April 2014 to May 13 2014.

For task 1 accumulated time shows as 17th April to 25th April and for task 2 from 25th April to May 13th.  Both these tasks and stories are currently in In Progress state.

Going by the details in here for Roadmap view, it tells:

“The Accumulated Time column displays the duration bar for each work item indicating the duration taken to resolve the work item.”

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/elm/7.0.3?topic=management-plan-types

Question:

How is the accumulated time calculated here? Can someone who is familiar explain?

Is this a defect?

I have checked this jazz.net discussion, verified the user work details, work hours per day and the rest. But doesn’t help.

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/95906/roadmap-view

Thank you

Comments
Lily Wang commented Apr 16 '14, 10:07 p.m.

Have you checked the percentage allocation of the user for the project/timeline?

Sumant Renukarya commented May 27 '14, 10:27 a.m.

Thanks Lily. Yes, the problem was with the percentage allocation. I have provided more details below.  

The question has been closed for the following reason: "Problem is not reproducible or outdated" by davidhoney Apr 04 '23, 5:42 a.m.

One answer

permanent link
Sumant Renukarya (1.1k23339) | answered May 27 '14, 10:27 a.m.
 The reason the begin and end date for a task in this case being incorrect is because the user was allocated the default work time.

The values I was noticing as explained is because the user was allocated only 25% to the timeline the plan belonged to.

To verify this, login to https://<localhost>:9443/ccm/admin;
Go to Users --> Select the User;
Go to Work Environment --> Work Allocations

Select the Project Area and the iteration in question here; Edit;

You will notice that 'Default Allocation' is selected; Uncheck this,
Change the allocation percent to say 100%; Set the start and end date.
Save this.

After this one will notice that the begin and end date for a task is calculated as expected.

The Accumulated time has a direct dependency on the Work Environment of the User (Work Days, Allocation Percentages).

Altering the users allocation and making it to 100% for the plans timeline, shows the exact number of days under accumulated time.
Also altering the Work Days, to make Sunday a working day, reduces the end time on task four.