It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Installation Error - Error unzipping file

Dave Coyne (1611) | asked Jan 11 '13, 8:41 a.m.
retagged Jan 11 '13, 8:55 a.m. by Laura W. Hinson (16126)
I am trying to install RTC - Express-C Client for Eclipse IDE 2.0.0.2 iFix 6. When I get to final phase and click on Install, I get the error:

Error during "install" phase:
   Error unzipping C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\IBMIMShared\native\teamconcert.client.eclipse.patch_0.7.0.I20110128-2059.zip: Can not delete file "C:\eclipse\plugins\com.ibm.icu_3.8.1.v20080530.jar".
      Can not delete file "C:\eclipse\plugins\com.ibm.icu_3.8.1.v20080530.jar".

I am using Windows 7

Thank you

Accepted answer

permanent link
Dave Coyne (1611) | answered Jan 14 '13, 4:54 p.m.
Actually, re-booting my computer and re-installing solved the problem.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Vladimir Zahariev (1503) | answered Jan 11 '13, 2:23 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Here are a couple of clues:

1. Does the "C:\eclipse" exist and is it empty when you start the install?

2. Do you have an antivirus program running during the install? It would be great to disable it to ensure that it does not lock any of the installed files.

3. After the install fails try to open the windows explorer and make sure that the reported directory is really writable and editable and that you can delete the file manually. There may be a problem with the directory access permissions.

If you try to re-install the application, does it fail again at the same place?

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

-Vlad

permanent link
Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718) | answered Jan 11 '13, 6:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Perhaps C:\eclipse requires Administrator privileges to delete.

permanent link
Jeff Foege (45266960) | answered Jan 15 '13, 1:41 p.m.

Depending on where you unpack the zip file it could be a long path issue. I've experienced this several times. Another thing I've had to do from time to time is to move the repository.config folder structure up several levels. I instruct people to unpack those zip files into c:\temp and don't see much problems with that approach.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 16 '13, 6:09 a.m. | edited Jan 16 '13, 6:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Adding to Jeff. On Windows use 7Zip and never use the built in windows zip.

Don't use Program Files as destination. A schema that has worked for me quite well is:

• Use /IBM/ as a root for Installation Manager and shared files e.g /IBM/Installation Manager and /IBM/Shared .
  • Use something like /clm/version e.g. /clm/4.0.1/ as the root folder for the installs.

I tend to use the Installation Manager only for the server install and use the zip only versions for everything else, where possible.

In a production installs move the index files out e.g. into /clm/index.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.