It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

reporting spam limit reached

sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | asked Apr 13 '14, 1:58 p.m.
I know you raised the limit to 50 reports.. but I am over that for this weekend.. can u push it higher?

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Apr 14 '14, 7:02 a.m.

Sam - what are you talking about? You mean that there is too much spam on jazz.net?

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 14 '14, 7:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is a limit on how many reports you can do. When I logged in this morning it took me half an hour to ban all the spammers and get their crap out of the Forum. Thankfully, users had reported and tagged the spam already, although the stuff was so obvious - except two or three - that it was not tough to find it.

sam detweiler commented Apr 14 '14, 7:48 a.m.

when I go to 'report'  a post, there is a limit to the number of times per day you can do that. It used to be 3, and was raised to 50.  I ran out of the ability to report spam this weekend.

I am just asking to have the reporting limit raised again.

One answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k375103) | answered Apr 14 '14, 7:57 a.m.
Ralph
What about assigning ability to remove spam to each user with 3.g. min 2000 reputation? We can add also another constraint to have this spam reported by someone else.

Comments
Millard Ellingsworth commented Apr 15 '14, 12:01 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

We are very close to a solution that should dramatically improve our spam situation. It is being tested in our staging environment and should be moved into production soon. We've had some set-backs along the way and I believe all of those are behind us at this point. We still see some spam get through and we have added features to the administrative UI to help us easily train the spam filter so however much better things are on Day 1, they should just continuously improve going forward.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.