It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Invalid UUID

Kevin Zemanek (2454825) | asked Apr 01 '09, 1:29 p.m.
While trying to open/view a work item (RTC v1.0.1.1) that was valid and last updated March 16, I receive the following msg:

Error!

: invalid UUID

Any suggestions or ideas welcome.

6 answers

permanent link
Kevin Zemanek (2454825) | answered Apr 01 '09, 4:26 p.m.
This only happens when using the web client. The work item can be accessed via the Eclipse client.

Any ideas? (and telling everyone to use the Eclipse client is NOT the idea I am looking for - even on April 1st ;-)

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Apr 01 '09, 5:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This only happens when using the web client. The work item can be accessed via the Eclipse client.

Any ideas? (and telling everyone to use the Eclipse client is NOT the idea I am looking for - even on April 1st ;-)

Try the URL created from the work item in the Eclipse client. If you right-button on the work item tab, copy the URL for the work item and try and paste it in your browser. If that works, I guess something in the web client is pointing it to the wrong place.

regards

anthony

permanent link
Kevin Zemanek (2454825) | answered Apr 02 '09, 8:23 a.m.
Try the URL created from the work item in the Eclipse client. If you right-button on the work item tab, copy the URL for the work item and try and paste it in your browser. If that works, I guess something in the web client is pointing it to the wrong place.

regards

anthony

Thanks. All seems well now - must have been some kind of transient problem.

permanent link
Pravesh Patel (37612615) | answered May 20 '09, 5:13 p.m.
I have this exact same issue with the same symptoms.

I tried to copy the URL from the Eclipse client into the Web client. When I do this, it redirects to the following URL:

https://<my>:9443/jazz/web/projects/BPM#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWelcome&error=%20%3A%20invalid%20UUID%20

Any suggestions on how to debug this further?

permanent link
Kevin Zemanek (2454825) | answered Aug 05 '09, 3:53 p.m.
I have this exact same issue with the same symptoms.

I tried to copy the URL from the Eclipse client into the Web client. When I do this, it redirects to the following URL:

https://<my>:9443/jazz/web/projects/BPM#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWelcome&error=%20%3A%20invalid%20UUID%20

Any suggestions on how to debug this further?

I resolved this. In the work item there was a URL that RTC didn't like. So while I could save the work item with the problematic URL, when I then tried to view the URL in the web client I got the UUID error (interesting that RTC would parse the content such that it put up this message). After bouncing back and forth between the web and Eclipse clients to debug and correct this all is well. My suggestion to debug your issue is use the Eclipse client to look at any URLs contained in the problematic work item and remove them one-at-a-time until you can successfully view the work item in the web client.

permanent link
Rajat Singh (59833545) | answered Feb 05 '13, 2:58 a.m.
This issue is seen if you are using an unsupported web browser.
Login to RTC using the supported browser and access the workitem, it should work!!!

Best Regards
Rajat

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.