It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to see 'events' from a previous day

Chris Cawthorne (962819) | asked Apr 01 '09, 9:32 a.m.
I can use https://servername:9443/jazz/events to display all the events for a server, but these are usually events that occured today. Is there some way to access events from previous days or are the old entries deleted/overwritten when new ones are created?

2 answers

permanent link
Blazej Kroll (4621) | answered Apr 01 '09, 10:05 a.m.
Hello,
I checked and I am able see events from previous days under the address you have given.
The messages can get overwritten if you are exceeding the limit which can be defined in Team server's Configuration -> Feed settings.
You can find these properties there:
Feed Query Maximum Entries
Feed Cache Document Lifetime
Feed Entry Cache Size

Is this your case?

Regards,
Blazej

permanent link
Chris Cawthorne (962819) | answered Apr 02 '09, 7:31 a.m.
I haven't changed these entries so I have:

Feed Query Maximum Entries 1000
Feed Cache Document Lifetime 120
Feed Entry Cache Size 4096

It looks as if I have about 100 entries which go back about 3 hours. I don't know what units the '120' is but I'm guessing it's not seconds so the cache is probably full, but how would I tell? I think you've answered my question though - the old messages are lost. Do you know where these are stored, or whether it's possible to set something up that will periodically copy them somewhere else so that they don't get lost?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.