It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Actual Start Date in RTC

Dhruva Kumar (532932) | asked Apr 08 '14, 5:37 a.m.
edited Sep 15 '16, 5:11 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
Hi All,

Is Actual start date changes when status of work items changed?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Apr 08 '14, 8:17 a.m.
If you are using Formal Project Management process template, the actual start date is the date when the work item state is changed to In Progress.
You can find the information from article https://jazz.net/library/article/663/
In the Formal Project Management process template, there are also Planned Start Date and Proposed Start Date in a work item. You can refer to https://jazz.net/library/article/658 how the value is calculated.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Dhruva Kumar commented Jun 03 '14, 9:57 a.m.

Actual start date value is not stored in work item, but stored in plan.

Lily Wang commented Jun 03 '14, 7:55 p.m.

The Actual Start Date is a calculated value, which is visible in plan view. The value is set based on the work item state change (from New to In progress).

I saw you asked another question about get Actual Start Date in BIRT report. I don't think the calculated value is stored in data warehouse and can be retrieved.

Dhruva Kumar commented Jun 05 '14, 1:31 a.m.

is it possible to pull resolution date in birt report ?

Lily Wang commented Jun 05 '14, 4:52 a.m.

I'm not an expert on BIRT. I suggest you check https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DataWarehouseSnapshotSchemas20.

You may look Workitem_States table of Workitems snapshot.

Dhruva Kumar commented Jun 10 '14, 1:54 a.m.

Hi Lily,

Able to include actual start date in birt, thank you very much.

Regards,
Dhruva

2 other answers

permanent link
vishnudharan manivannan (1183542) | answered Jun 15 '15, 7:42 a.m.
Hello All,

I am using RTC 5.0.2 and created a project with Formal Process template.

When I change the task status to In-progress I see that the plan captures the acutal start date.

However when the task is resovled then both the actual start date and resolution date is set to one and the same.

Has anyone experienced this ?

Thanks
Vishnu M

permanent link
SB CAS (152) | answered Sep 15 '16, 5:03 a.m.
What is the start date field name of user story on RTC query (Work Items > Query menu)? I created a query to get the Start Date and Resolution Date of a User Story but the Start Date is blank. The Modified Date are with values. I'm using the browser to run my query. On Release Plan, I can see the Actual Start Date but this is not available on the query list of fields/columns.

I saw this in another post but I don't understand the reply.

>>
sam detweiler (12.2k6129194) | answered Jan 26 '13, 8:29 a.m.
edited Jan 26 '13, 8:33 a.m.
for your Start Working date you would have to write a Participant extension or value provider
or a report to get this out of the workitem history

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.