It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem with RTC Query results

Sunita Dinakar (11413742) | asked Apr 07 '14, 12:18 p.m.
Hi,

I'm trying to query for all defects whose children task's priority is not High. The results are not accurate, if the defect has two tasks, one task with priority low while the other has priority has high - This defect is also displayed in my results although one of the task coes not match my query condtion. I could work around this problem by querying for the tasks and getting the parent id. But this is a two step process and I wish to look for the defects instead of tasks. Is there a way to do this or am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks,
Sunita

Comments
Susan Hanson commented Apr 07 '14, 7:32 p.m.

This has been tried/asked a few times in different ways and I don't believe there is a solution available in RTC.  Basically, you need a way to add something to the query when dealing with child tasks to say whether it should query based on "all children meet this criteria" or "any child meets this criteria".  Today, I believe it is the latter is what is happening.  In your case, you want all defects where ALL children have a priority that is not high and what you are getting returned is all defects where ANY child has a priority that is not high.     I don't believe this is supported today (although if someone can find a way, I would love to know).

Susan

Sunita Dinakar commented Apr 07 '14, 7:36 p.m.

Susan - Spot on! You explained my problem the perfect way anyone could. I just raised a PMR for this issue, let me see what the response would be and share if its anything positive.

3 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 08 '14, 4:02 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This functionality ("all related match") is not currently available in the GUI query builder.   I've created work item Provide query item for "all related work items match" (311162) for it.

Comments
Sunita Dinakar commented Apr 08 '14, 7:13 a.m.

Thanks Geoff. 

permanent link
Kot T. (1.5k11219) | answered Apr 07 '14, 3:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sunita,

Not sure if this is going to give the output you expected, but you may want to try the following conditions and see if it works:

Type is Defect AND Children>Priority is low AND Children>Priority is not high.

Comments
Sunita Dinakar commented Apr 07 '14, 3:52 p.m.

Hi Kot,

Thank you for the response. But No, that doesn't help as well.

permanent link
Sumant Renukarya (1.1k23339) | answered Jun 23 '14, 3:28 p.m.
Hi Sunita

Here is an existing RFE with the details and you might want to subscribe to this, adding your comments so that this gets weightage:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=229817

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.