It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Backlog for OpenUp

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8280269) | asked Apr 04 '14, 9:57 a.m.

Hello all,

I have a question about using the backlog in OpenUp. Unlike SCRUM and Formal, there is a no "OOTB" Backlog created. Is Backlog a "Timeline" or "Iteration" under Main Dev or is it something else?

thanks

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Apr 04 '14, 10:59 a.m.

I guess my confusion is I just want to create a Product Backlog in OpenUp. We created an Iteration called Backlog, and we imported items and assigned them to Backlog.

We created a Product Backlog and assigned to the Project Team (Owner), Backlog (Iteration). Now, none of the work items show...even with all the "Exclude" items unchecked.

How do we create an effective Backlog in OpenUp.

One answer

permanent link
Saurabh Malhotra (15231617) | answered Apr 21 '14, 3:31 p.m.
Easiest way to troubleshoot this is to create a work item by hand from within the backlog plan. 

Then compare the work item that you just created to the ones you imported. 

Make sure the missing work items have the right properties selected to get them to show up inside the plan. Specifically you want to make sure of two things:
  1. The planned for field is same on the imported & manually created work items and it is set to your backlog iteration
  2. The filed against field is set to a category that is associated to the project or team for which you created the backlog plan

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.