It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Couldn't import/export data to an enumeration list type(checkbox) correctly in RTC4.X

chun lei zhang (312) | asked Apr 04 '14, 2:23 a.m.
I customized an enumeration list type (checkbox) in RTC4.  When I tried to export it to csv file, only one selections could be exported.  The same thing happened when I imported data.
For example:
I built a check box, the selections could be 1,2,3. I checked 1,2,3 and exported it.  Then I found only 1 existed in the dump file.  Is this a bug?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Apr 04 '14, 4:14 a.m.
What RTC version you are using?
From https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=220632, the Enumeration list can be export/import by csv importer since RTC 4.0.1.
The values are separated with new line.
For example, when you export, you should see:
in the csv file.

It works in my RTC 4.0.6.
chun lei zhang selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
chun lei zhang commented Apr 04 '14, 4:32 a.m.

I used the RTC 4.0.2. There is one person faced the same problem with me and also used 4.0.2. in the link of 220632.
Let me try to use RTC4.0.6 first, thank you.

chun lei zhang commented Apr 11 '14, 12:17 a.m.

I found the reason why I couldn't find the multi-selections in the dump file was I used Excel 2007 to open the csv file.  Execl2007 will fold the data automatically. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.