It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Get Version not compatable error when version is ok.

Lisa Coker (1155) | asked Mar 27 '14, 1:14 p.m.
edited Mar 28 '14, 11:41 a.m. by Stephanie Taylor (24115)
This same client works fine for other loads and commands just not this one workspace for some reason.

+ which scm
/mnt/scratch/rtc_client/test_Linux64-4.0.1/jazz/scmtools/eclipse/scm
+ scm load -f -r gnrcm --all gnrcm_common_java
Problem running 'load':
Could not log in to https://myjazz04.svl.ibm.com:9446/jazz/ as user C-G35M897@nomail.relay.ibm.com: Your client is version 4.0.2, and the server is version 4.0.1.  These versions are not compatible.
+ ec=2

Comments
Lisa Coker commented Mar 27 '14, 1:39 p.m.

Think this might be a bug.
To recreate try to load a workspace in a directory that has the same name as the component root.
Was trying to load a component with a root directory common_java in a directory called common_java.
Once I changed the name of the directory I was loading into it worked.
I can understand there being an error but should be an error message that helps. Spent hours trying to figure this out.

2 answers

permanent link
Lisa Coker (1155) | answered Mar 27 '14, 1:39 p.m.
Think this might be a bug.
To recreate try to load a workspace in a directory that has the same name as the component root.
Was trying to load a component with a root directory common_java in a directory called common_java.
Once I changed the name of the directory I was loading into it worked.
I can understand there being an error but should be an error message that helps. Spent hours trying to figure this out.

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Mar 27 '14, 1:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The error message is correct. You are connecting with a client that is newer than the server. You can connect to a newer server with clients that are older by one major version (N - 1 compatibility). It does not work the other way around.

Double-check the version you have installed or the version that is running. It may be that your install was modified without your knowledge or by accident. If you believe it is 4.0.1 or older, please open a support ticket so that they can investigate.

Comments
Lisa Coker commented Mar 27 '14, 1:56 p.m.

I am using the same client and it works fine now that I changed the directory structure.

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Mar 28 '14, 3:41 a.m.

Hi Lisa,
What is your server version?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.