It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Selenium and RQM Integration-If the Selenium TestScript gets updated at source,what is the process so that RQM is pointing to the latest version

Vinaya Bhat (579) | asked Mar 26 '14, 3:14 a.m.

Hi,

Currently,in order to run a selenium testscript from RQM,this is what I have done.
a)Made sure that the Selenium test can be run in Eclipse as a stand-alone JUnit test
b) I exported it as a jar File
c) Configured the adapter.Also involved,editing the selenium.properties,and added the Selenium Test jar file path
d) Started the adapter
e) In RQM testscript section,added the details required like TestClass etc
f) Now,the script runs successfully from RQM

The question is,what happens when the code in the selenium test(or script) gets updated at source? Should I repeat the above process?Because in

RQM,it is still pointing to the jar file and in the jar file,it has details about the older version of the selenium script.

Is there a way when the code gets updated in the source control(like RTC,Perforce),this updated version of the script gets mapped in RQM?

Thanks in advance!

One answer

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13344) | answered Mar 26 '14, 6:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Vinay; yes you are correct.

you have to re-create the selenium type scripts in RQM to make it point to the new version of the jar file (script exe).
This is because, RQM integration with Selenium is one-way it is able to point to a script and invoke it through cmd line (used in the background).

Best Regards
Sunil

Comments
Brett Bohnn commented Jun 13 '16, 10:23 p.m.

Hi,

Is this still the case with the most recent version of Selenium adapter (6.0.2)?

I don't understand how that is any different than the command line adapter. If a command line adapter test script points any script  and that script changes there is no need to create a new command line adapter test script. You just re-run the test case/suite.

Thanks,
Brett

Thanks,
Brett

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.