It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error message related to java run time object when RPE document generator try to download attachment file from RQM

ataul gani (21113) | asked Dec 20 '16, 2:20 p.m.
edited Dec 20 '16, 3:53 p.m.
Hi Guys, 

I get  error message when document generation tries to download the attachment file from RQM with username and passowrd by running Cscript from within java script . "TypeError: Cannot call property getRuntime in object [JavaPackage java.lang.Runtime]. It is not a function, it is "object"." I really appreciate your help regarding this.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Dec 21 '16, 3:52 a.m.
The execution of commands is disabled by default in RPE 1.3 and later versions. Please enable command execution by setting the com.ibm.rational.rpe.enable_commands property to true in %rpe_home%\studio\rpe-studio.ini and %rpe_home%\launcher\rpe-launcher.ini and you should not see this error.
ataul gani selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
ataul gani commented Dec 21 '16, 4:06 p.m. | edited Dec 21 '16, 4:07 p.m.

Hi Prasad,

Thanks a lot for your reply. This is my studio and launcher ini file configuration below
-vm
..\jre\bin
--launcher.library
C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\Publishing Engine_1\studio
-vmargs
-Xms56m
-Xmx1024m
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
-Dcom.ibm.rational.rpe.console.limit=100000
-Dcom.ibm.rational.rpews.url
-Dosgi.configuration.area=@user.home/Application Data/IBM/Rational/RPE_20160518_1200/Studio/configuration/
-Dosgi.instance.area=@user.home/Application Data/IBM/Rational/RPE_20160518_1200/Studio/workspace/
-Dcom.ibm.rational.rpe.disableDefaultAuthenticator=false
-DRPE_HOME=C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\Publishing Engine_1

and even i try to change any thing there and save, i get "Access is denied". i really appreciate your help regarding this.

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Dec 21 '16, 10:04 p.m. | edited Dec 21 '16, 10:06 p.m.

Close RPE (studio / Launcher), modify .ini files by adding the following line:
-Dcom.ibm.rational.rpe.enable_commands=true
Save the file to some other location (ex. desktop) and then copy the .ini file to original location. Though you can not edit, you should be able to overwrite them.
This is something to do with Windows.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.