It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Do all RQM projects in a repository share the same sequential work item ID numbering?

Michael Walker (99215201157) | asked Mar 19 '14, 1:54 a.m.
Do all RQM projects in a repository share the same sequential numbering of Work Item #s?  I was under the impression this is true with RTC, but in the RQM repository we have one project with Test Plan 123 and another project in same repository with Test Case 123.

Actually thinking about it some more don't all projects in a CLM install (RRC, RQM, RTC) share a sequential numbering system for Work Items so they don't duplicate?  Or is it just based on the back-end database?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 19 '14, 3:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Michael, in RTC work items have an ID that is unique across the repository. I would assume that for all items of the same kind in CLM that have similar ID schemas. Work items, even with different types, are the same kind. The ID is used as key, hence it is sequential.

If you look at Test Plans and Test Cases, they are not of the same kind. So the answer is probably yes. Just consider Test Cases have their own numbering, as well as Test Plans. If you look at Test Plans, I would assume their numbers to be unique in a repository. Unfortunately I can't test this right now.

One answer

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Mar 19 '14, 7:04 a.m.
I just tested on 4.0.3, and the ID seems to be unique across all projects *within artifact type*, so for example there can be a Test Case of ID = 1 and a Test Script of ID = 1, but there cannot be two Test Cases in two different projects with the same ID.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.