It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Porblem connecting to Localhost repository for RTC

Karen Steele (1.2k3139148) | asked Mar 26 '09, 8:18 a.m.
I have RQM, RTC and RRC loaded on my local workstation. I have configure tomcat to run as three separate services on windows. They are all loaded successfully. RQM uses port 9443, RTC uses port 9444 and RRC uses port 9445 - all the necessary teamserver.properties and server.xml files were adjusted accordingly.

When I load the RTC client, I can connect successfully to my RQM Localhost. But I cannot connect to my RTC localhost on port 9444 even though tomcat is up and running and configured to use that port address.

Has anybody tried this .. anybody experienced the same problem ?

4 answers

permanent link
Christophe Elek (2.9k13021) | answered Mar 26 '09, 12:18 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
But I cannot connect to my RTC localhost on port 9444

Hello What do you mean by that ?
Is the repository icon red ? If you open the ErrorView under PDE runtime do you get any error message ?
Can you connect using the Web ?

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k3139148) | answered Mar 27 '09, 12:12 p.m.
But I cannot connect to my RTC localhost on port 9444

Hello What do you mean by that ?
Is the repository icon red ? If you open the ErrorView under PDE runtime do you get any error message ?
Can you connect using the Web ?

No the repository icon isn't red .. I get a message that states ...internalrepositoryremoteservice was denied with Not Available Status

I tried to logon via the web, and get a services unavailable status too ... yet tomcat is up and running as a windows service.

If I stop the windows service, and start tomcat standalone for rtc I'm able to connect without error

permanent link
Todd Lainhart (40611) | answered Mar 27 '09, 1:18 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
What do the Tomcat logs reveal when you run as a service?

-- Todd

Todd Lainhart
Jazz Repository

permanent link
Christophe Elek (2.9k13021) | answered Mar 27 '09, 2:30 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Umm, just a quick thought... Is that a tomcat that already existed and we installed the WAR in it ?
If so, We will need to check that the team.properties is configured ok and that the ini files under the provision-profiles directory are modified :)
If not, if this is a standalone that we just unzipped, I am with Todd :) Let's look at the log file...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.