It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC CCM is not picking up my code change

Aaron Chorpenning (371015) | asked Mar 05 '14, 4:28 p.m.
I am using Visual Studio 2010 along with RTC 4.0.4. I noticed recently I have some updates to .sql files and the change is not being registered within RTC in the Pending Changes.

I modified the SQL file from within SQL Management Studio, and scripted a drop and create SQL script and saved it over top of an existing file that was in source control. My problem is that when I went back into Visual Studio and checked on the Pending Changes, that file is not listed.

If I go to the file in the solution explorer and do a compare with previous in repository, I see the differences in the right and left pane.

Is something out of sync? Is there a way to resync it? I don't want to have to go into each individual file I changed to make another small edit in order for it to register a change.

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Mar 05 '14, 7:10 p.m.
Can you just "refresh" your workspace?

permanent link
Aaron Chorpenning (371015) | answered Mar 06 '14, 9:18 a.m.

Thanks for the pointer, however my unfamiliarity with the process may be confusing me.

refresh the workspace... that refers to the personal workspace that is on the server right?

If my problem is due to my change in the sandbox not being detected, I don't know if your recommendation would do anything? Would it?

I was able to get the change detected, by selecting the file in the Visual Studio 2010 solution explorer and selecting the refresh option within the Jazz context menu. Shouldn't have to do this though....

Comments
Lily Wang commented Mar 07 '14, 5:19 a.m.

Hi Aaron,
If you make the change in Visual Studio, the Pending Changes view will detect the change automatically. However if you make the change externally, you need to click "Refresh Sandbox and Remote Changes" from the Refresh dropdown menu in the toolbar of the Pending Changes view.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.