It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can you help me get my hands on a testfix for an issue with RPE?

Matthew Hardin (50814) | asked Feb 28 '14, 9:22 p.m.
 I have a client using CLM 4.0.3 and I'm pretty sure we've run into this bug:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21639960

I'd like to get my hands on the techfix referenced in it. I've already reached out to a few of the RPE guys, but given the weekend and such I thought I would try posting here to see if there was anyone else that can help me get my hands on the fix a little sooner.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Matthew Hardin
mhardin@strongback.us

Accepted answer

permanent link
Abish Mathew Zachariah (252511) | answered Mar 04 '14, 2:49 a.m.

Thanks Mathew for the information that you want to use this hotfix in RQM. This RPE hotfix has to be packaged correctly to use in CLM. I could not find a corresponding RRDG Hotfix for CLM 4.0.3. Hence I would request you to open a hotfix request via RQM support so that they will provide you with the accurate steps and RRDG jar file/files to deploy it on CLM 4.0.3

Best Regards
Abish M Zachariah

Matthew Hardin selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Matthew Hardin commented Mar 04 '14, 3:34 a.m.

Thank you Francesco & Abish. You are both correct in your responses. I'll post a follow up in the near future on getting this resolved.

2 other answers

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Mar 01 '14, 4:30 a.m.
edited Mar 01 '14, 4:38 a.m.
Hello Matthew,

for legal reasons, testfixes can only be provided through support; please open a PMR to request it.
If the issue can't wait until your business hours, you can open the PMR as a severity 1 by phone; contacts by country are here: http://www.ibm.com/planetwide/

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

permanent link
Abish Mathew Zachariah (252511) | answered Mar 02 '14, 8:17 a.m.

Hi Mathew

There is a RPE 1.2.0.1 hotfix available for this issue. The public download link for this hotfix is given below:
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/rational/private/RPE-vPYfBwJrzFhn/

Best Regards
Abish M Zachariah

Comments
Matthew Hardin commented Mar 03 '14, 9:49 a.m.

Thanks Abish,

The problem for me with this hotfix is that it is for the RPE client. I have no doubt that the jar/xml included in it are the same that would need applying to CLM, but its not clear to me how to apply it in that environment. I attempted to, but upon startup of the server the XML is overwritten and I'm unable to locate the source where it is pulling from.

If you have any insight on that I'd appreciate it.
Matthew

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.