It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

disabling email in JTS does NOT prevent mail from being generated for workitem changes.. is that right?

sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | asked Feb 24 '14, 7:57 a.m.
 we did our project migration this weekend (so far successfully)..  

we export the workitems from source system/project, import into new system/project.
then we run a utility to fixup all the links, attachments, approval,s comments and descriptions.

in one project I turned off each users email
in another project I turned off email on the system, but the users email config was left untouched..(I am one of those users)
on the second project, I received about 100 workitem notices AFTER enabling email, at least 30 minutes AFTER the utility ended. 

this sort of implies that the generation of email is done asynchronously at some later time.  if so, is there a way to see what is yet to be processed?.. 

or, did I misunderstand how the system works?

One answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Feb 24 '14, 9:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Sam,
as per:
if so, is there a way to see what is yet to be processed?.. . 

yes - as of 4.0.5, I implemented a trace in the ChangeEventMailNotifier class

Enable it by adding the following entry to CCM's log4j
log4j.logger.com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.save.notify.ChangeEventMailNotifier=DEBUG

Hope it helps,
Eric

Comments
sam detweiler commented Feb 24 '14, 11:59 a.m.

thanks.. sadly we are on 4.0.4 

and while interesting serviceability enhancement, not really what I was looking for

page with # change events yet to be processed, and drill in to those events..
of course, 

I'd love to add on the ability to 
pause processing
block select and cancel..
resume processing

but.. really on the original problem.. I wish that when email is disabled (jts set to FALSE).. no email is generated..   but maybe I just need to know when the queue is gone before enabling email again..

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.