It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

need help with Integrating additional Jazz Team Servers with the Rational Insight report server

Brian Mooney (11911) | asked Feb 19 '14, 4:54 p.m.
I need help with Integrating additional Jazz Team Servers with the Rational Insight 1.1.1.3 report server.  I found this link http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rentrpt/v1r1m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.raer.integration.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_integrate_clm_ovr.html and it seemed pretty clear to follow until u got the the last step, "step 10 Run the setup wizard to configure the second Jazz namespace to work with the second Jazz Team Server ."   I follow the direction and went through the setup wizard again and redeployed it, and it blew up my RI install.  I have fixed everything and currently configured to point to one jazz instance. 
My question is, when you get to step 10 on the link I provided, what portions of the setup wizard am I to run? 
Am I following the correct document to connect multiple Jazz instances. 

I have about 10 Jazz instances I need to eventually configure.

RI 1.1.1.3
Websphere 8.5.5
DB2 9.7
windows 2008 r2

Brian

5 answers

permanent link
Ali Manji (59147) | answered Feb 19 '14, 5:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Brian,

Try running the "Configure Rational Reporting User Authentication" scenario.

Regards,
Ali

permanent link
Marc Nehme (276157) | answered Feb 20 '14, 3:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks for the background. So a few things..

IBM officially supports Insight 1.1.1.2 with JTS 4.0.3 or 4.0.4. If you are running Insight 1.1.1.2 and have, let's say one JTS at 4.0.4, then you can include additional, lower-versioned JTSs (eg 4.0.2 or 3.0.1.x).

Insight 1.1.1.3 requires atleast one JTS 4.0.5. Once you have that, you can then also integrated with other JTSs at lower levels, but you need to match 1.1.1.3 with 4.0.5 for compatibility purposes, mainly the DW. In your case, you may not have seen any issues yet, but I'm just letting you know what is and is not supported. I always suggest running in supported mode.

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/VersionCompatibilityCLMRRDIAndInsight

Now, based on your scenario, one feasible structure would be to setup an Insight DW and then integrate your Insight deployment with your 10 JTS/CLM instances and load data from those 10 instances into that one common DW (the new Insight DW). I would leave each CLM DW for its own CLM instance respectively. If you leave each CLM DW in tact, you keep each CLM instance/organization happy and they continue getting their data and you keep the higher level executives happy with the Insight DW. This is just one possible scenario. It all depends on business need and use case.

Another option would be to reference the Insight DW as the DW for each CLM instance (from CLM). The only catch here is you will lose all the data you have been capturing up until this point because the Insight DW will be a fresh DW. So you have to weigh your options. I think the first scenario is cleaner.

If your JTSs are 402 through 404, I would use Insight 1112, start the initial integration with a 404, then proceed to the others.

permanent link
Brian Mooney (11911) | answered Feb 20 '14, 8:26 a.m.
Thank you, I looked at the page "Configure Rational Reporting User Authentication" and I see how that can configure a 2nd Jazz instance, but how to I point that new Jazz instance to its data warehouse DB.  It is different than the 1st jazz instance Data warehouse DB?  Do you just have to catalog the 2nd DW db with in DB2 afterwards, or configure something with in Cognos to point to the other DW DB?

Brian

permanent link
Marc Nehme (276157) | answered Feb 20 '14, 12:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Brian,

I'm not sure I get what you are asking but let me try to clarify. Please note that there are several topology options but they all depend on your business needs.

To start, you want one data warehouse as the central location for all your metrics to be used by Insight. Insight comes with its own fresh DW (named 'RIDW' by default). (Note: Another option would be to use an existing CLM DW as the "master" data warehouse. If you have multiple JTSs, then you have multiple DWs. I do not recommend going down this route as because you have multiple CLM deployments.)

To start, my advice would be to create a new DW when installing Insight to serve as the master DW. Leave the CLM DWs in tact for CLM. Then, you can configure Insight to extract data from all of your JTS/CLM deployments into one central location which would be the Insight DW.

Here is an article I published that talks about how to configure Insight to extract from more than one JTS: https://jazz.net/library/article/993

permanent link
Brian Mooney (11911) | answered Feb 20 '14, 1:49 p.m.
Mark,

Thanks for your article I am reading through it.  Here is a little back ground.  Yes I currently have RI 1.1.1.3  configured to one CLM DW db, not to a local RIDW db.  I need to eventually hook up about 10 different Jazz instances.  My RI server is windows and all the CLM environments are running on linux.  All my CLM's, JTS, QM's are version 4.0.2 to 4.0.4.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.