It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Add Custom Fields

omar pimentel (352024) | asked Feb 13 '14, 8:19 a.m.

Hi,

I have configured my project Area as Formal Project in RTC 4.02.  I modified a field "Tags" and changed its name and use, and it works fine, but when I try to add new custom fields in the Editor Presentations they are not present when I create a workitem.  The steps I followed are:

1. Add Presentation

2. Non-Attribute-based Presentation

3. Kind: Static Text

4. Add Label, Description and Id

How can I add some custom fields (with a static list of values, e.g. as a combo) to my workitem form?

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Feb 13 '14, 9:19 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Your steps appear to be correct - just make sure that you are editing the correct editor presentation. For example, OOB Task work items use com.ibm.team.workitem.editor.task editor presentation, but defects use com.ibm.team.workitem.editor.default. So if you are saving the custom field into the wrong editor presentation, it won't display.

Also, keep in mind for custom fields to display in already existing workitems, you need to synchronize the attributes. You can do this on the Work items -> Types and attributes section by selecting "Check attribute usage in repository". (Or by running a query and right clicking to synchronize attributes).
omar pimentel selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.