It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JDBC sqlserver error on BIRT

Rafael Hernandez (3222334) | asked Feb 04 '14, 11:47 a.m.
Hello everyone,

Im doing some BIRT reports and im getting this trouble when i upload it to the server:

The following items have errors:

Table (id = 10):
+ An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details:
Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.
    org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: Cannot load JDBC Driver class: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.

In my report im using JDBC driver to get a conection to an external database, in my PC works fine, but when i upload the report im having the issue.

Any idea to solve this error? =S

Thx in advance

One answer

permanent link
Sandy Grewal (1.6k1223) | answered Feb 04 '14, 11:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Rafael,
From the error it looks like the SQL server driver cannot be loaded to make a connection to the DW database.
Check the IC, point 6 about configuring your server env and SQL server driver:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m5/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_s_server_installation_setup_sql.html&scope=null
Hope that helps
Sandy

Comments
Rafael Hernandez commented Feb 04 '14, 12:08 p.m. | edited Feb 04 '14, 12:19 p.m.

Thx for your help Sandy

If i do a BIRT report from the DW the report works fine, but the trouble is that im trying to make a conection to another independent DB in other server,

im using a BIRT JDBC Data Source and in my PC works fine,

When i excecute the report on server im getting the error.

once again, thx for your help

Sandy Grewal commented Feb 04 '14, 12:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can check for a few things:
1. SQL server jdbc driver is set as per IC link above.
2. Create a dir: <Jazz_install_dir>/server/sqlserver and put the jars in there and re-start the server.
3. I also found a technote that explains where to put the jars to be made available specifically for Birt.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21586908

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.