It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to edit custom attributes through Plan View screen?

Michael Walker (99215201157) | asked Feb 03 '14, 2:12 p.m.
The Project Manager for one of the projects I support wants to be able to type notes in the Plan View while going through the Stories in a meeting as opposed to having to open up each Story to enter the information.

I've tried creating custom attributes of type string and html, added them as columns to the Plan View, but I can't get it to let me edit them through the Plan View like I can for Summary, State, Priority.  If I open the individual Stories I can update those custom attributes and the added text appears in the Plan View.

Is this a limitation where only certain attributes can be edited through the Plan View?

Comments
Michael Walker commented Feb 04 '14, 2:35 p.m.

bump bump bump

One answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.5k480103) | answered Feb 04 '14, 2:24 a.m.
Hi Michael,
Eclipse client allows it already. For web client we have enhancement for that: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=273497. Feel free to subscribe to it to track the progress.

Let us know if that helped you.

Comments
Michael Walker commented Feb 04 '14, 2:27 a.m.

Thanks for the response. I've tried string and HTML attribute types on the Eclipse client but neither let me edit the column from the plan view.  Are there only specific types allowed to be edited from that view?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.