It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Will you create Rational Quality Manager Import Utility for OpenOffice and viceversa?

Edgar Jimenez (526) | asked Jan 22 '14, 4:49 p.m.

Hi,

Recently I've been informed we will be migrating from Ms Office to Apache Open Office and I was wondering if there will be a plug-in - Import Utility for RQM as it is for Excel/Word.

This is very important as I use this utility for my dairy tasks.

Can someone tell me if it will be created or if there is another way to use it without Excel/Word?

Thank you beforehand.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Jan 22 '14, 5:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Edgar,
There is an existing Enchantment request regarding alternatives to Microsoft office in conjunction with the import Utility, but currently there are no plans to support Open Office as far as I know

https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=36911

Ara
Edgar Jimenez selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Edgar Jimenez commented Jan 22 '14, 6:00 p.m.

Ara,

I can see the Enhancement provides several options for solving the problem of not having Microsoft Office License to use the Import Utility. But also, the Enhancement is antique (old) from 2010, and there is also a recent comment from 2014.

Do you know if this enhancement has any priority, or is it in backlog?

Well, I really appreciate your answer.

Thank you.

Ara Masrof commented Jan 22 '14, 8:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Edgar,

Currently there is no imminent Plan Item for an export 'plug-in' into Open office
You are welcome to enter a Enhancement request specifically targeting this need and the reasons behind it (The existing RFE does cover a wide variety of options rather than focusing on Open Office). 

Ara

Edgar Jimenez commented Jan 23 '14, 3:57 p.m. | edited Jan 23 '14, 3:57 p.m.

Ara,

I really appreciate your help, where can I create the Enhancement request? Do you have the link to the RFE tool?

I think the business reasons are strong enough to make it a higher priority but well.

Let me try creating the Enhancement.

Thank you again.

Ara Masrof commented Jan 23 '14, 4:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Edgar,

If you are logged into jazz.net, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the link 'My Stuff'; from there you'll see a link called "Submit a Bug":
Select Rational Quality Manager as the product and change the Workitem type to Enhancement

Ara  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.