It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the logic on how the attributes are listed in the Team Configuration -> Permissions

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Jan 22 '14, 8:27 a.m.
One thing that I always have problems with is ...
When I add a new attribute, I need to set the permissions under Team Configuration -> Permissions on which roles can modify.   I select "Show all actions and roles", then expand Save Work Item and Modify the work item

Then I have to scroll through the list of all attributes, but there seems to be no rhyme or reason, no logic, in their order.  They don't seem alphabetic .... i sometimes spend 10 minutes looking through the list trying to find the one I need.

Susan

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jan 22 '14, 8:40 a.m.
 probably built-in followed by Custom, by order they are returned on the getattributes call

why do you have to do this? I have NEVER done this step. but we have never restricted fields by role. 

Comments
Susan Hanson commented Jan 22 '14, 8:50 a.m.

We do have some restrictions by roles, and so by default, when we add a new attribute, nobody has modify permissions.  I have to manually add it to the Everybody role.  Perhaps if you have everybody with the role at the very top, then they automatically get the permission.  Since we have some attributes we don't allow "everybody" to modify, it starts out unchecked.

S

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.